Covr makes it simple to protect the people and things that matter most in life. As an agent of change in a rapidly evolving industry, Covr is a technology-driven alternative that provides a simpler, faster way for people to protect what matters most. Through partnerships with financial institutions and advisors, Covr's innovative digital platform provides a simpler way to research, compare, shop for and buy insurance from top providers, fully online and within minutes.
Case managers process and manage the underwriting of pending applications by working directly with our insurance carriers while interfacing and communicating with independent insurance agents, financial advisors, internal sales representatives and customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receives and reviews new insurance applications for missing information, i.e., forms, signatures, policy criteria, etc., prior to submission to the insurance carrier. Also responsible for review of all compliance related issues including making sure the agent is contracted.
- Orders underwriting requirements including Attending Physician Statements, Exams.
- Conducts regular follow-up via email and phone, on all outstanding underwriting requirements. Acts as primary contact for brokers advisors and customers for all case processing and underwriting inquiries proving support for agents writing the business. Proactively takes all necessary actions to move the application process forward.
- Organizes and prioritizes workload to ensure case is processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner while maintaining frequent communication to manage customer expectations appropriately documenting work activity and communication on all assigned cases in notes digest and via tasks.
- Follows up with insurance agents on policy delivery requirements, including application amendments, health statements, insurance premium etc., to ensure policy is placed within specified timeframe.
- Assists with Policy Owner service issues one case is in force i.e., beneficiary changes, ownership changes, conversions etch.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate’s degree or equivalent education and experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum (3) years of customer service experience and/or processing experience; Life insurance or financial services experience preferred.
- Demonstrated history of relationship management success with ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment with professional and technical fortitude
- Strong communication skills, work ethic and high level of personal integrity and accountability
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefit package. Covr offers a strong benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, a 401k plan and life insurance plan with supplemental options available.
Culture, location and values. Covr is located in beautiful downtown Boise. Covr employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours, and competitive games of foosball in the break room. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client First, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
This full-time position is located in Boise, Idaho. Please reply with a copy of your resume and any other materials or references. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship.