Covr makes it simple to protect the people and things that matter most in life. As an agent of change in a rapidly evolving industry, Covr is a technology-driven alternative that provides a simpler, faster way for people to protect what matters most. Through partnerships with financial institutions and advisors, Covr's innovative digital platform provides a simpler way to research, compare, shop for and buy insurance from top providers, fully online and within minutes.
The IT Operations Manager’s role is to plan, organize, and manage overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, cloud infrastructure, and telecommunications systems. The IT Operations Manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. The IT Operations manager role is also to ensure the secure operation of all systems and processes. This includes checking server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, and troubleshooting. This person will also analyze and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required. The IT Operations Manager will also oversee and be responsible for all end-user support.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of IT strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Establish service level agreements with business units.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Plan and deploy infrastructure security measures.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all on-premise and Microsoft Azure infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, virtual machines, clusters, databases servers, and so on.
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of all infrastructure
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
- Deploy, manage and maintain all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 5-7 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Cisco, CompTIA Network+ recommended but not required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Direct and administrate a small team of ops and support staff.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- 5-7 years experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- 2-3 years successful leadership of an IT team.
- 1-2 years experience using Microsoft Azure .
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware.
- Hands-on experience in implementing server and network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, DHCP, SIP.
- Application support experience with Microsoft Windows 7 - Windows 10, Windows Server 2008-2016, Linux, and MS office.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations.
- Broad hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefit package. Covr offers a strong benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, a 401k plan and life insurance plan with supplemental options available.
- Culture, location and values. Covr is located in beautiful downtown Boise. Covr employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours, and competitive games of foosball in the break room. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client First, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
This full-time position is located in Boise, Idaho. Please reply with a copy of your resume and any other materials or references. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship.