Covr makes it simple to protect the people and things that matter most in life. As an agent of change in a rapidly evolving industry, Covr is a technology-driven alternative that provides a simpler, faster way for people to protect what matters most. Through partnerships with financial institutions and advisors, Covr's innovative digital platform provides a simpler way to research, compare, shop for and buy insurance from top providers, fully online and within minutes.
The Covr Software Developer candidate will be working with our software development teams to produce high quality work, participate in development meetings, code-reviews as well as adhere to project schedules. Additionally, the Developer will perform thorough unit testing of their work prior to it being turned over for quality assurance testing. They will develop and maintain a varied set of tools and applications utilizing the technologies and skills listed below.
This position requires a candidate to be a self-starter and have a team player approach to software development. They must demonstrate an aptitude to learn and apply new technologies required for the role.
Responsibilities and Duties
Follows documented software development standards.
Develops solutions as defined by specifications and test plan.
Develops and delivers complex applications for internal and external use, utilizing innovative and creative approaches to software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field (MIS, CIS, CS) or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in software development and delivery.
- Object-Oriented Programming knowledge
- C# or Java experience (3 plus years)
- Web development in ASP.net (At least 1 year)
- Relational Database Development (SQL, TSQL)
- Use of Source Control in development environment (At least 1 Year)
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing distributed systems, following industry standard patterns
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Technology Development Stack.
- HTTP Stack (RESTFul web services)
- ASP.Net (MVC)
- NoSQL Database Development (MongoDB, DocumentDB, Redis)
- Report Development (SSRS) and ETL Development (SSIS)
- ORMs such as ADO.Net Entity Framework, Dapper, Hibernate.
- Git Source Code management and ALM tools Jira, TFS, VSTS
- Development and implementation of “enterprise level” applications using an n-tier and microservice models.
- Agile or SCRUM development methodology
- Unit and Integration Testing
- Familiarity with common Design Patters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work efficiently in a distributed team environment
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences (business analysts, development team leads, developers, system administrators, subject matter experts)
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefit package. Covr offers a strong benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, a 401k plan and life insurance plan with supplemental options available.
- Culture, location and values. Covr is located in beautiful downtown Boise. Covr employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours, and competitive games of foosball in the break room. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client First, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
This full-time position is located in Boise, Idaho. Please reply with a copy of your resume and any other materials or references. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship.