REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
DEPARTMENT: Enterprise Sales
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F, may need to flex times due to business needs
TRAVEL: Up to 50% of domestic travel
LOCATION: Hartford, CT or other strategic remote location
COMPENSATION: Base salary plus performance bonus
Covr Technologies is a leading venture capital-backed InsurTech company focused on using technology to simplify the buying process for life insurance and related products. As an innovator in a rapidly evolving industry, Covr provides a simpler way for people to protect what matters most. Through partnerships with financial institutions, Covr's digital insurance platform and virtual advice team provides the capability to compare and buy life insurance from top providers, fully online. We work with several of the largest financial institutions in the United States. Covr’s main operations are in Boise, ID and Hartford, CT. Our employees enjoy flexible hours and a progressive work environment. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client Focus, Innovation, Collaboration!
The Key Account Manager (KAM) role is a key sales leadership role in the company. The KAM will work on expanding and deepening relationships with our growing list of financial institutions and other distribution partners. The KAM will lead our firm marketing, strategy, profitability, and sales execution. This person will be working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for new account implementation/business development in multiple distribution channels; specifically targeting financial institutions, personal finance application providers, large RIA networks, and financial planning firms.
- Develops and executes marketing plans within existing accounts.
- Creates multi-level relationship within Key Accounts and leverages internal and external partners; including the head of the insurance agency, head of planning/wealth management, regional insurance coordinators and other key individuals within our partner firms.
- Manages firm-level profitability and KPI metrics.
- Responsible for promoting the Covr platforms: Advisor, Consumer, Insights, and carrier solutions to firms and their financial advisors.
- Responsible for executing sales activities with our insurance sales team based on advisor and consumer segmentation strategies.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Required Education, Experience, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline, or any equivalent combination of education/experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Insurance or Financial Services and corporate level relationship management
- Must understand B2B pricing models, sales cycle (i.e., engagement letter, configuration, delivery, and rollout), and strategic alliances
- Must be able to implement and manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly business plans and build relationships with key people within the firms
- Must have a strong understanding of life insurance and asset-based long-term care solutions as part of an overall financial plan
- Must have a dynamic and compelling professional appearance
- CLU, ChFC, insurance license, and FINRA Series 6/7/63 helpful
Knowledge and Skills:
- Persistent marketer with a proven track record of high performance/activity
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technology skills to demonstrate and leverage our technology tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and other office productivity tools
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity and accountability
Competitive compensation and benefits package. Medical, dental, and vision benefits, disability, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) company match, and life insurance plan with supplemental options available.